I guess this is a good place to start - USCHO.com is my part-time job, and a sometimes all-time-consuming passion. I've been on the staff of USCHO since the "early" days - 1997 - when USCHO added Division III coverage.
Prior to that, I was covering D-III hockey for the now-defunct College Hockey Magazine, and it was while working the 1996 Frozen Four in Cincinnati for CHM that I met Tim Brule and Lee Urton, who I had briefly interviewed the year before for an article I was doing on cool places for college hockey on this new fangled thing called the World Wide Web. At the time, Tim and Lee had something called "The College Hockey Page" that they put together in their dorm room at the University of Minnesota. In 1996, they decided to make it a business, and USCHO was born. I hooked up with them there, and joined the next season.
I do a weekly column during the season, plus some news stories and features. USCHO keeps an archive of my past stories and columns.
Some favorties include:
- A four part humor piece, which I guess was a blog before there were blogs.
- A piece on Minnesota's Grant Potulny
- A notebook from the Frozen Four in Buffalo
- A recap of UWS's National Title in 2002
- A column on proposed changes to Division III Hockey that generated some controversy
I'll posts links here each week to my latest column or story, or just check out USCHO.